The Size of Your World is the Depth of Your Consciousness

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I made it through the rain

People always ask, "Where do you get all this enthusiasm from?
Your energy is scary!"

What would they have me do, I think to myself. I suppose they expect me to be all gloomy and broken, considering all the stuff I've had to deal with in my life.

"Are you happier now?" some ask, peering earnestly into my eyes.
"You look good," is another (begrudging) comment, after sweeping me from head to toe with their eyes.

The average Joe is contented. He may not be brilliant, but he's good. And Jane Doe? That depends. If she's young, she probably fares better than her older sisters. But none seem to have my kind of vitality, my zest for life.

What drives me:
[1] I aim for joy. I want pleasure not pain. This pretty much puts things in perspective and sets
the pace for what to do.
[2] I've adopted happiness as my companion. I don't leave home without it.
[3] I constantly refresh my vision of my best life. I "see" what I'm after all the time, and this
keeps me on course. Then it becomes easy to say "yes" to what I want, and "no" to what I
don't want.
[4] I keep checking, "Do I have what I need? What is my heart's desire? What do I want, that if
I had, would propel me to the next level? Doing this keeps me pro - active and powerful; it
allows me to strategize and plan, rather than wait and cope.
[5] I let go and let God. I surrender to that power which keeps the cosmos in rhythm. I
surrender to the intelligence of that one song --- the universe --- and I know I cannot fail.

Come rain or shine, hurricane or hailstorm, I shall prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment